Users who have a weak processor and a small amount of RAM are faced with the problem of computer hanging, slow work. Today in this article, we’ll try to figure out how to speed up the performance and performance of your computer with simple tips. I’ll show the work on the example of Windows 7, but in other operating systems from Microsoft, almost the same procedure.
1) The easiest way to improve the performance of your computer is to clean it from file debris. Delete all unnecessary files, programs, which are optionally installed and you do not even know about them. As the hard drive occupies, the computer can slow down. I have a neighbor, his klikuha ZHmy, so he called me saying the computer is slowing down and I can not download anything from the disk, while still the disks were popular and the Internet, especially in our village was practically nonexistent. So when I came to him and began to delve into it, I saw that on the C drive there was free memory of about 100 kilobytes. It’s the same it was necessary to hammer the computer. After moving all the music from the desktop to the second partition of the hard drive — the computer’s working capacity was adjusted and I explained that it was the second section that downloaded music and the like.
2) If you do not care about the colorful design, you can turn off the visual effects. To do this, proceed along the following path:
Control Panel \ System and Security \ System
Open additional parameters of the system and click on the Settings button:
A window with visual effects opens:
There is the option Provide the best performance, if you select this mode you will greatly improve the speed of response to the system, but even thumbnails of the photos will not be downloaded, they will simply be disabled. I advise you to customize it through the Special Effects option. There, in principle, you can leave the thumbnail display instead of the icons, and turn off the rest.
3) Do from time to time defragment the hard drive. Right-click on the local drive — properties — service — perform defragmentation. The more often you delete, move and copy files, the more often you need to do defragmentation.
4) Startup programs in the system. We call the window to execute, for this we press Start + R and write there msconfig
Before you will see a window with the configuration of the system:
When you install any programs like Skype, icq, daemons and so on is placed in the startup, clients and other software, it’s one thing if you need a Skype to work every time you turn on the computer, and another thing when you talk once a week or less, And he constantly hangs in the RAM and takes it. So we remove the tick from those programs that you do not need during startup.
4) On the desktop and even on disk C, try not to keep files. On the desktop, only shortcuts are desirable.
5) If you have a processor 2 cores and higher, you can do so that when you boot the system, it uses more than one core and 2 or more. The method did not personally verify, I now have a 4-core processor, but the system is loaded at the expense of one kernel and I’ll say the download takes about 40 seconds. If you want to try, do so: run the msconfig command as above in step 4, select the Advanced options in the Load tab and set Tick Number of processors and specify more than one.
6) You can increase the virtual memory, do it for those who have little of their main memory. In the properties of the system, where we already went in the second paragraph:
Control Panel \ System and Security \ System
Open Advanced System Settings \ Advanced and on the side of Performance click Options
Advanced \ Change and specify the size of the paging file.
When there was 512 MB of RAM on the computer — the old one still, then the swap file was in the 1.5 GB area, just if it was set less, then the game Stalker did not start, and so I managed to even play it on a low chart.
Now I have 6 GB of RAM on my computer, like ddr2, I have enough of this and I disconnected the swap file altogether.
For the future, if the finances permit, I advise you to use it under the ssd system (do not forget to turn off the hint file on this disk and defragment it according to the schedule, it is not needed there at all and still uncheck the disk properties about indexing files) + a regular hard disk for file storage. And RAM 4-6 GB. You will have the best performance and the computer will fly and you do not need to customize any options of the system, or put the software to clean up the garbage, nothing. Even if not expensive ssd — the boot speed of the system is 40 seconds like mine, and if the system is 8 or 10, then even faster, it means downloading all programs including antivirus and other things that are in the startup. The main thing at the same time on ssd is nothing but the system and not set the desktop just for shortcuts, then ssd will serve more than one year. On average, they write that the year is 2, I have a half a year now, the flight is normal, I never regretted that I bought ssd for 60 GB + 1 TB of hdd for files (not external, but normal).